Sunday, July 15, 2007

Radio for Women!

I had never heard of Greenstone Media, but got a call when they wanted to interview me regarding the industry I'm in.
Turns out, GreenStone Media™ puts a whole new face on talk programming on-air, online, and nationwide - especially for women! Starting with a superstar roster of talent, managers, and stakeholders who came together, drawn by word-of-mouth, they created a growing number of interactive programs on more and more terrestrial radio stations and developed a growing online community. (Among the luminaries: Gloria Steinem, founder of Ms. Magazine, actor Jane Fonda, FCC commissioner Susan Ness, and broadcast visionary Edie Hilliard, to name just a few.) http://www.greenstonemedia.com/.
Anyway, I was thrilled! Lucky me, I would be on the show with Lisa Birnbach, http://greenstonemedia.com/lisabirnbach.php, Queen of the Airwaves and recent winner of - not one, but two! - Gracie Awards.
I was pretty nervous, since I had never done a radio interview before (only a little television news and print media), but Lisa was gracious and professional and guided our on-air discussion perfectly. I had prepared the message that I wanted to send - part of which had to do with the ever-increasing number of women in this particular industry - and hoped I was prepared for all the things she might want to talk about. I was on the air with Lisa for all of ten minutes - that felt like 10 seconds - and before I knew it, it was over, and she was inviting me back to the show!
Anyway, check out Lisa's show - and the Radio Ritas (love them!) - you are gonna love it!
- Grace

1 comment:

Carol said...

Congrats! When will your interview be broadcast?

Carol